"The 411"

My photo
A small, luminous portal, somewhere on the western edge of the Atlantic, northern hemisphere, 3rd rock from the Sun
When I was about 7 years of age, I stood in the middle of Robin's Field Primary School's playground on a glorious, cloudless, autumn day in London. Gazing up, a burst of ceruleun sky seared through me. I had been awakened from a deep, protective state of numb. Future decades jerked me back & forth on the teeter- totter of life. Great ups, miserable downs, nanoseconds of breathtaking joys, infinite hours deep inside pain. A couple of years ago, I began to hit the mercurial Wall o' Menopause. True to self, I went at it, head first, in a pool of icy hot sweat, the proverbial sledge hammer. Spiritually & emotionally, I was drained. Empty. As in "this well was D-R-Y." Of everything. Time passed & I began waking up again - just like on the playground. In reality, I must say, I really like this side of 50. "The best is yet to come ... "

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Most relevant movie of the season; Monty Python's "Life of Brian"

Time to takes things a little less seriously.

Did you get the right gift for the right person?
Did someone give you a gift, now you feel obligated (guilty) & have to go out get them one too?  
Did you have to give anything at all???

Ah, the joys of another Hallmark card moment ....

To that end, I am committed to keeping things light & lively
over my holidays this year.  There is so much doom & gloom  everywhere 
yet also lots for which to be very grateful.  Health, a roof over one's head & food for one's family are great starters.  I do think, however, that there is NO 
better gift, particularly this year, than the gift of laughter.

Check out the You Tube link for loads of video highlights from the Python's timeless, brilliantly hysterical, "The Life of Brian".  Just imagine, all those many, many years ago in Bethlehem, the three kinds went to the wrong house ...  this movie is also a poignantly accurate & simple synopsis of all situations middle-eastern ... 

Did ya know .... that George Harrison, yes, THE George Harrison
was slated to play the lead role of "Brian" & deliver the Surmon on the Mount? 
George meditated long & hard on the offer, was guided to invest Beatle Buck$ instead & 
produce the movie, thus creating lot$ more good karma for him &  Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.  

"And always look on the bright side of your life .... "


Now here's da link:  hope it works!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=monty+pythons+life+of+brian&search_type=&aq=f