"The 411"

My photo
A small, luminous portal, somewhere on the western edge of the Atlantic, northern hemisphere, 3rd rock from the Sun
When I was about 7 years of age, I stood in the middle of Robin's Field Primary School's playground on a glorious, cloudless, autumn day in London. Gazing up, a burst of ceruleun sky seared through me. I had been awakened from a deep, protective state of numb. Future decades jerked me back & forth on the teeter- totter of life. Great ups, miserable downs, nanoseconds of breathtaking joys, infinite hours deep inside pain. A couple of years ago, I began to hit the mercurial Wall o' Menopause. True to self, I went at it, head first, in a pool of icy hot sweat, the proverbial sledge hammer. Spiritually & emotionally, I was drained. Empty. As in "this well was D-R-Y." Of everything. Time passed & I began waking up again - just like on the playground. In reality, I must say, I really like this side of 50. "The best is yet to come ... "

Friday, January 9, 2009

"Wasp it all about, Alfie?"

It's full pollen alert here in Juicey town. Red eyes, runny noses & sneezing abounds.





The flip side to the discomfort is that the vegitation is exquisitely verdent & plentiful.

Plump, red berries call to the froliking squirrels. Precariously dangling by their tails, they pick off the last juicy bunches at the farthest ends of the willowy limbs. Bellies full, they chatter to one another in cheerful clicks.





The gadda is also full of eager insects, polinating everything they touch.





Come & take a quick peek inside a couple of sista k's bloomers today ....












"Wasp it all about, Alfie?"

























This lucky chap gets positively drunk on delicious, sun-warmed nectar.
















"A la salud!"

No comments: